Revels Job Opportunities
Position Title: Digital Communications Manager
Reports to: Director of External Relations
Office Location: 80 Mt. Auburn St., Watertown, MA 02472
Revels believes that diversity in all dimensions of the organization supports and bolsters the innovative thinking essential to its success. Revels does not make hiring decisions on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, age, disability, religion, political affiliation, or ideology.
Revels engages audiences across nine U.S. cities in theatrical and musical experiences that bring the world’s cultural traditions and celebrations to life. Since its founding in 1971, nearly two million people nationwide have joined in the song and dance of Revels’ seasonal celebrations. Programs include the flagship production The Christmas Revels, our Revels RiverSing, our Spring Sing, Salons, Harbor Cruises, and Pub Sings, as well as a collaborative program with the Perkins School for the Blind and innovative educational programs for children. Revels' cast and backstage crew include professional and non-professional singers, dancers, and storytellers ranging from young children to adults. Learn more at www.revels.org.
In March, Revels completed a national strategic plan with diversity, equity, and inclusion at its core. We are committed to building our team, Board, programming, and processes to promote diversity and reflect the breadth of our world’s rich cultural traditions. We are seeking enthusiastic and visionary individuals interested in joining us for this journey.
Revels is seeking a self-motivated and creative communications professional to develop and manage its digital communications program and increase visibility for Revels among target markets.
This is a part-time, temporary position responsible for developing and managing content for the Revels website, social media platforms, and e-marketing channels. This position will work directly with marketing, development, artistic, and educational team members to create and curate content, proposing new ideas and building on existing efforts to improve engagement and achieve program goals.
Specific duties include:
- Conduct an audit of Revels’ existing digital communications efforts;
- Develop a comprehensive digital content development plan, including:
- Assessment of existing digital communications efforts
- Identification of challenges and opportunities, and
- Development of solutions that build loyalty, brand awareness, and stakeholder engagement and generate revenue to meet budget goals;
- Create and implement a content management plan for Revels social media channels, website, and email marketing efforts to support year-round events and performances, educational programs,
- Develop and implement social media strategies, ensuring relevant and compelling content and building online engagement and presence;
- Develop and manage the Revels, Inc. website, ensuring content is fresh, accurate, and compelling;
- Partner with the development team to create a variety of materials that engage and inspire new and existing supporters.
Skills and Experience Required
- A genuine sense of cultural curiosity and a passion for the performing arts
- The skill to present creative concepts compellingly and persuasively
- A proven ability to innovate and think creatively about engagement
- A demonstrated interest in creating collaborative relationships with staff, volunteers, and contractors
- Strong customer service orientation
- Sincere commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Part-time schedule with an opportunity to transition to full-time
- Remote work with limited in-office time until further notice
- Some evening and weekend work is required
- Hourly rate to be discussed with candidates
- This is a temporary position with the potential to transition to permanent part- or full-time employment with benefits
How to Apply
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit materials that demonstrate the skills and abilities that make you the right person for the job. Send your information to email@example.com with the subject line “Digital Communications Manager.” We look forward to hearing from you.
Due to the anticipated number of applicants, we will only follow up with candidates selected to participate in the interview process.
Posted July 23, 2020