Revels is about participation. Tell us about one of your favorite experiences.
Fall Performing Arts Curricular Series (PACS)
Alebrije Tales: Children of the Night
Just in time for Mexican Heritage Month, students will celebrate the Mexican culture with folk art, dance and music. Guided by a local Mexican performing artist Veronica Robles, students will be a part of an authentic, interactive experience. In addition to the class, Revels PACS students will participate in a local parade celebrating Mexican Heritage. Students will collaborate with students from the Veronica Robles Cultural Center to learn a traditional Mexican dance and walk in solidarity - celebrating Mexican Heritage!
Our Fall PACS class will be centered around a collection of Mexican folktales from Alebrije Tales: Children of the Night
Alebrije Tales: Children of the Night - Story #1: Jacinta and her pitaya tree. In this story, Jacinta is a beautiful song bird who needs to protect her pitaya tree at all costs from the outsiders. She learns home is where her heart is. Story #2: Coyotl and his gift. In this story, a coyote is given a special gift and learns quickly that life comes with consequences. Story #3: Cerulean the Bat. In this story, Cerulean the Bat struggles to fit in with land and flying animals. He needs to look deep within to find self-acceptance and love who he is, then love finds him.
For questions or more information, please email email@example.com
Fall PACS Details
Dates: September 29 - November 11
(Every Wednesday Morning or Thursday Afternoon)
Location: Revels Offices/Online Synchronous
Classes: Wednesdays 10:00a-11:00a (EST) or Thursdays 4:45p-5:45p (EST)
Tuition: $175 with 10% sibling discount
Scholarships are available! For more information, email Education Director,
Your child(ren) will be mailed a copy of Alebrije Tales: Children of the Night. Please expect to receive it before the start of our classes.
- Week 1 Highlights - Read & Explore “Alebrije Tales: Children of the Night”, Create your own Alebrije
- Week 2 Highlights - Students Create & Cast the Stage Version of “Alebrije Tales: Children of the Night”
- Week 3 Highlights - Listen and learn about Mariachi with a live performance from Veronica Robles
- Week 4 Highlights - Learn Traditional Mexican Dance. Students will dance with authentic Mexican apparel
- Week 5 Highlights - Learn the History and Decorate for La Dia De Los Muertos
- Week 6 Highlights - Mexican Games and Stories
- Week 7 Highlights - Showcase Performance