Revels Job Opportunities
June 10, 2019
Position Title: Director of Development
Reports to: Executive Director
Office Location: 80 Mt. Auburn St., Watertown, MA 02472
Revels engages audiences across nine U.S. cities in theatrical and musical experiences that bring the world’s cultural traditions and celebrations to life. Since its founding in 1971, nearly two million people nationwide have joined in the song and dance of Revels’ seasonal celebrations. Programs include the flagship production The Christmas Revels, Revels RiverSing, Spring Sing, Salons, Harbor Cruises, and Pub Sings, as well as a collaborative program with the Perkins School for the Blind and innovative educational programs for children. Revels' cast and backstage crew include professional and non-professional singers, dancers, and storytellers ranging from young children to adults. Learn more at www.revels.org.
Revels is seeking a collaborative and enthusiastic development professional to create and manage a multi-faceted development program with an emphasis on individual fundraising and major gifts. This is a great opportunity for an experienced development professional seeking the next step in their career or a more experienced professional interested in building a dynamic fundraising program from the ground up. An initial review of our donor data indicates significant potential for targeted development efforts.
This position will work in partnership with the Executive Director, helping to guide national organizational strategy and messaging, and will also manage a small team of volunteers, contractors, and/or staff members who will assist with development efforts, including research and analytics, annual giving, major gifts, planned giving, institutional grants, and fundraising events.
- Create and implement the organization’s national development plan, in alignment with national strategic goals;
- Actively contribute to long-range strategic and financial planning for the organization;
- Develop and implement tailored segmentation/engagement strategies to increase annual giving, major gifts, and legacy giving;
- Direct and manage the individual donor program, personally stewarding a portfolio of select major donors;
- Design, manage, and/or oversee fundraising events, in collaboration with artistic and operations staff, volunteers, and vendors;
- Direct and oversee development operations efforts, including database management, donor research, reporting, and staff and/or contractors;
- Oversee and manage staff and/or contractors to identify, prioritize, and submit grants for federal, state, corporate, and foundation support;
- Staff and support the organization’s Development Committee, engaging Board members in and through donor cultivation strategies;
- Partner with the Marketing Director on the creation of communications strategies and materials;
- Provide development support and counsel for Revels cities nationwide.
Knowledge, Experience, and Skills
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible nonprofit development experience
- Proven experience soliciting and stewarding donors and major gifts
- Ability to organize, analyze, and utilize donor and financial data for planning and decision-making
- Prior supervisory experience with volunteers and full- or part-time staff positions
- Strong organizational, communication, and presentation skills, ability to develop compelling messages, and to speak and write persuasively
- Overall computer literacy, proficiency with applicable software programs (Salesforce, Patron Manager, Microsoft Office, etc.)
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a small and agile team
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field preferred
- Prior experience with performing or cultural arts organizations preferred
The ideal candidate will also:
- Exhibit passion for the Revels mission
- Maintain an enthusiastic and positive attitude with a ready sense of humor
- 5 days per week
- Opportunity for partial work-from-home schedule
- Some evening and weekend work is required
Wages and Benefits
- Salary negotiable based on experience
- Benefits package includes medical and dental insurance, paid holiday, vacation, sick, and personal days, 403b, and more
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Revels encourages all to apply. Revels does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status.
Interested candidates should submit a CV and letter of interest to email@example.com.