Revels Job Opportunities
Revels is seeking a collaborative and resourceful team member to manage and oversee all aspects of production for The Christmas Revels and its year-round in-person and online Revels performances, events, and programs.
This position will collaborate with artistic, development, and education team members, work closely with volunteers and external partners, and hire and oversee contractors as needed to manage and deliver high caliber programs and performances throughout the year.
Specific duties include:
- Develop and manage production timelines and budgets for in-person and virtual Revels performances, events, and programs, ensuring all Revels productions are delivered on time and within budget.
- Recruit, select, train, manage, and evaluate paid production staff, contracted and/or volunteer production crew members, performers, partners, and/or vendors, as well as venues, as needed to deliver high quality in-person and virtual Revels events, programs, and performances.
- Develop and manage load-in, tech, and rehearsal schedules, and coordinate and organize design and production meetings for all Revels performances, events, and programs.
- Facilitate clear communications throughout the production process, acting as liaison between directors, designers, stage managers, education staff, artistic staff, vendors, performers, partners, volunteers, and crew.
- Oversee and/or manage inventory for Revels performances, events, and programs, ensuring sufficient supplies are stocked and recommending the purchase, repair, or replacement of inventory as needed.
- Source and manage specialized supplies or resources such as special effects, video, projections, materials, and techniques, as needed and reasonable to support in-person and online Revels productions.
- Archive production-related assets from Revels performances, events, and programs within the Revels Repository (our digital asset management system), in a timely manner, ensuring all assets are accurately tagged and organized.
- Maintain an accessible and accurate inventory of available performance venues in the area to host off-site Revels events, performances, and programs.
- Oversee and / or direct the technical aspects of mounting Revels performances at third-party or in-house venues.
Skills and Experience Required
- A sincere commitment to diversity and inclusion
- A genuine sense of cultural curiosity and a passion for the performing arts
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to multi-task and problem solve, managing shifting and competing priorities with good judgment and discretion while maintaining a positive attitude
- Proven ability to build long-lasting relationships, work collaboratively to lead and inspire a team of staff, contractors, and volunteers, and the ability to influence without authority
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to communicate clearly
- A well-developed sense of humor
- Salary range for full-time employment is $50K - $65K per year
- Employees who work 20 hours or more per week are eligible to participate in the Revels benefits package, which includes medical and dental insurance, paid holiday, vacation, sick, and personal days, 403b, and more
- Opportunity for partial work-from-home / remote schedule
- Some evening and weekend work is required
How To Apply:
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit whatever materials they think would best communicate why they are the right person for the job. Send your materials to email@example.com. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We look forward to hearing from you.
March 05, 2021
$50,000 - $65,000
About this Organization:
Revels Diversity and Anti-Racism Statement
Revels celebrates the differences that make people and cultures unique. We embrace diversity as a critical ingredient for creativity and innovative thinking. We will continue to expand diversity in our programming, performers, audience, volunteers, partners, and staff to reflect the world around us and fulfill our mission of bringing the cultural traditions of our world to life. Revels affirms our commitment to create and nurture a creative space that welcomes any person to take part, and we will establish the organizational systems, policies, processes, and workplace culture that invite and sustain diversity, equity, access, and inclusion in all facets of our operations.
Revels engages audiences across nine U.S. cities in theatrical and musical experiences that bring the world’s cultural traditions and celebrations to life. Since its founding in 1971, nearly two million people nationwide have joined in the song and dance of Revels’ seasonal celebrations. In-person programs include the flagship production The Christmas Revels, Revels RiverSing, Spring Sing, Salons, Harbor Cruises, and Pub Sings, as well as a collaborative program with the Perkins School for the Blind and innovative educational programs for children. During the pandemic, Revels launched multiple online program offerings as part of its #RevelsConnects series, including Musical Connections, produced in collaboration with the Mass Cultural Council’s Folk Arts and Tradition Program. Revels’ cast and backstage crew include non-professional singers, dancers, and storytellers ranging from young children to adults.