Revels Job Opportunities
Posted July 3, 2018
Development Assistant of Revels, Inc.
Revels seeks an experienced development professional to support the goals and work of the Development Department, including but not limited to, donation processing and acknowledgement, database management, assistance with special event planning and execution, grant research and drafting of applications, and assistance with development campaigns and communications. The Development Assistant will report to Revels Director of Development. The position is 20 hours per week.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND FUNCTIONS:
Under the direction of the Director of Development:
- Process, track and acknowledge all donations, pledges, planned gifts and bequests, gifts in kind, and other information related to donor cultivation and special events.
- Maintain and manage donor database, providing accurate and current data on all prospects, donors and other constituents.
- Assist in planning and executing large special events including event logistics, invitation development and tracking, and management of event volunteers.
- Research grant/foundation sources and produce initial draft of applications.
- Assist in preparation of Annual Campaign and other fundraising materials and communications.
- Update and maintain Development Department’s calendar and work plan; provide support for department’s goals, events and initiatives.
The ideal candidate will have fundraising or related experience and have a bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications or a similar field. Successful candidates should have extensive experience with CRM donor databases (PatronManager and Salesforce strongly preferred); excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written); special event planning experience; experience in grant research and writing; social media and website editing; exceptional organizational skills with attention to detail and ability to multi-task. Availability to occasionally work flexible hours including weekend or evening events is expected.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you wish to be considered for employment as Development Assistant of Revels, Inc., please send your cover letter, resume, three professional references and two writing samples (preferably from grant/foundation applications) to email@example.com using the subject line “Development Assistant Position.”
Apply by: July 20, 2018
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
Revels engages, entertains and educates audiences through creating contemporary musical and theatrical events that feature traditional arts and customs from around the world. A nationally recognized non-profit performing arts organization, Revels is best known for its annual production of The Christmas Revels. Revels also produces seasonal celebrations and collaborative performances, provides a variety of education programs and creates recordings and songbooks of traditional music.