Revels Job Opportunities
March 8, 2019
80 Mt. Auburn St., Watertown, MA 02472
Revels engages audiences in nine cities nationwide in theatrical and musical experiences that bring the world’s cultural traditions and celebrations to life. Since its founding in 1971, nearly two million people nationwide have joined in the song and dance of Revels’ seasonal celebrations. Programs include the flagship production The Christmas Revels, Revels RiverSing, Spring Sing, Salons, Harbor Cruises, and Pub Sings, as well as a collaborative program with the Perkins School for the Blind and innovative educational programs for children. Revels' cast and backstage crew include professional and non-professional singers, dancers, and storytellers ranging from young children to adults.
Revels seeks a creative development professional to shape, plan, and manage all aspects of a dynamic fundraising program. This position will work closely with the Executive Director and manage a team of volunteers and/or staff members who will assist with development efforts, including annual giving, major gifts, planned giving, corporate, foundation and government grants, and special fundraising events.
- Create and implement an annual development plan and strategy to expand philanthropic support for the organization, and maintain an annual development calendar;
- Direct and manage the individual donor program, including development and implementation of engagement strategies to attract, steward, and grow annual giving, major gifts, and legacy giving;
- Manage and grow a portfolio of donors to cultivate increased engagement and investment;
- Identify and manage potential federal, state, corporate, and foundation funding opportunities, and work with Executive Director to write and submit grant proposals;
- Direct and oversee development operations efforts, including database management, donor research, reporting, and staff;
- Staff and support the monthly Board Development Committee, engaging Board members in and through donor cultivation strategies;
- Actively contribute to long-range strategic and financial planning for the organization;
- Actively contribute to the creation of communications strategies and materials and collaborate with communications team members to ensure alignment with fundraising engagement objectives and targets;
- Design, budget, and execute fundraising events in support of annual development plan goals, in collaboration with artistic and operations staff, volunteers, and vendors;
- Provide support and counsel on fundraising strategies and opportunities for Revels cities nationwide.
Knowledge, Experience, and Skills
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible nonprofit development experience
- Proven experience soliciting donors and major gifts
- Strong organizational, communication, and presentation skills, ability to develop compelling messages, speak and write persuasively
- Ability to organize, analyze, and apply donor and financial data to inform planning and decision-making
- Overall computer literacy, proficiency with applicable software programs (Salesforce, Patron Manager, Microsoft Office, etc.)
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a small and agile team
- Prior supervisory experience with volunteers and full- or part-time staff positions
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field preferred
- Prior experience with performing or cultural arts organizations preferred
The ideal candidate will also:
- Exhibit passion for the Revels mission
- Maintain an enthusiastic and positive attitude with a ready sense of humor
- 5 days per week
- Some evening and weekend work is required
Wages and Benefits
- Salary negotiable based on experience
- Benefits package includes medical and dental insurance, paid holiday, vacation, sick, and personal days, 403b, and more
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Revels encourages all to apply. Revels does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status.
Interested candidates should submit a CV and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.