Revels Job Opportunities
October 3, 2017
Development Director – Position Announcement
Revels seeks a creative development professional to plan, lead and manage all aspects of a dynamic fundraising program that serves the financial needs, objectives and mission of Revels. Major development initiatives include annual appeal (individual,corporate and foundation giving), Special Events, Major Gifts, and sponsorships. Working closely with the Executive Director and the Board’s development committee, the Director of Development will identify fundraising priorities, and advance and continuously cultivate new prospects and avenues for support.
Over its 45-year history Revels has grown to become one of the largest performing arts organizations in Greater Boston, with nine affiliate companies around the U.S. Its signature production The Christmas Revels is performed annually for an average of 20,000 people.
The ideal candidate will have five or more years of progressively responsible fundraising or related experience, preferably with an arts organization. Successful candidates should have strategy, implementation and management skills; special event planning experience; excellent organizational and communication (oral and written) skills; experience soliciting donors and managing volunteers; and facility with CRM databases (Salesforce or PatronManager strongly preferred). Availability for occasional weekend or evening events and the run of The Christmas Revels (December) is expected.
- Works closely with the executive director in planning Revels' long-range needs, objectives, and action plans regarding fundraising.
- Organizes all development functions and initiatives; and coordinates the work of the board and staff in this area. Major development initiatives include annual fund drive (individual, corporate and foundation giving), special events, major gifts, grants, sponsorships, and planned giving.
- Provides guidance to board members regarding development needs and opportunities, and assists board members in the performance of their roles as directors.
- Prepares an annual development plan listing major projects and required budgets.
- Oversees all copywriting, graphic design, media production, printing, and advertising for Revels' development projects.
- Represents Revels professionally in the community as requested by the executive director.
Committees: The Director of Development will be a member of the Development Committee; will be invited to attend Board meetings and other committee meetings as needed.
How To Apply:
If you wish to be considered for employment as Director of Development of Revels, Inc., please send your resume and an expression of interest to email@example.com using the subject line “Director of Development Position.”
October 31, 2017